New Family and Kids Upgrades at Spruce Point
It’s winter school vacation (last week and this week) in many parts of the country, so we thought this would be a good time to tell you about some of the new playground features we’ve added to the grounds here.
The waterfront will always be the most alluring attraction of our location and the coast of Maine is a perennial family vacation favorite because of all the boating, seafood, and fresh ocean memories waiting to be made in Maine. So of course, our playground needs to stretch those images and imagination into play. We’re adding several “beached” boats to our play area – a pirate ship, a small sailboat and a lobster boat – all child-safe replicas made of play-friendly cedar -- to connect kids’ experiences on the waterfront and in Camp Lighthouse activities with their games.
In other family vacation news, we’re also adding more seating and picnic tables to the fire pit area we’ve made famous for our evening s’mores parties. Maybe this is the year to plan that family reunion here at Spruce Point Inn?
- Standing limber and spruce with a backdrop of the entrance to Boothbay Harbor
- Green days and patience
- Lifelong learning outside the book on the Midcoast
- The February Sound of Silence
- Adding up the elements of experience
- Boothbay Harbor Nation
- The spruce ‘forest primeval’ and the Ghosts of Christmas present
- Festivals of trees, lights and straight on til morning
- Over the Rivers
- A Bird's Eye View on the Season