New Family and Kids Upgrades at Spruce Point
It’s winter school vacation (last week and this week) in many parts of the country, so we thought this would be a good time to tell you about some of the new playground features we’ve added to the grounds here.
The waterfront will always be the most alluring attraction of our location and the coast of Maine is a perennial family vacation favorite because of all the boating, seafood, and fresh ocean memories waiting to be made in Maine. So of course, our playground needs to stretch those images and imagination into play. We’re adding several “beached” boats to our play area – a pirate ship, a small sailboat and a lobster boat – all child-safe replicas made of play-friendly cedar -- to connect kids’ experiences on the waterfront and in Camp Lighthouse activities with their games.
In other family vacation news, we’re also adding more seating and picnic tables to the fire pit area we’ve made famous for our evening s’mores parties. Maybe this is the year to plan that family reunion here at Spruce Point Inn?
- Coming around to apples
- Framing September in caramel light
- Boothbay Harbor golf links to history
- Palawan sails in with priceless memories
- August Amber
- Happy birthday, Boothbay!
- 400 years of corn, ocean and moonlight
- Maine lobsters salute you
- A sense of Wyeth’s place in Maine
- Finding serenity in light house keeping