Winter “Sprucing” Updates
The forecast this weekend is for snow; but here at Spruce Point we are counting down the months til it’s “Maine summer resort” warm. Happily, we are working our way steadily through our winter checklist. Now that we’ve turned into the New Year, we’re excited about what’s new and what we’re “sprucing up” in anticipation of our opening in May.
Because we’re dedicated to the idea of helping guests form “oceanside memories, made in Maine” we are also committed to making the continuous improvements that have become the hallmark of our historic inn, cottages and oceanfront guest lodges. For repeat guests, that means there’s always something fresh to discover and a new detail – like barbecue grills adjacent to an expanded fire pit area – that guests have been asking for.
Under the snow, there’s new landscaping and perennial bulbs just waiting for the right moment to emerge. The groundhog here in Maine did see his shadow (sorry Phil!) so we’re counting on just a few more weeks of winter and the day we reopen the doors and windows (more on that “fresh air campaign” in an upcoming blog) to welcome you in.
- Memorial Day – taking time for stopfulness
- On ships and stars and getting underway
- The warm shawl of a Maine coast summer – Happy Mothers Day!
- Carried in on the seabreeze
- Taking time to smell the flowers
- The concept of earned value
- Return of the spring. You come, too.
- Aprils and Openers
- Standing limber and spruce with a backdrop of the entrance to Boothbay Harbor
- Green days and patience